Does talent really matter?
Success comes as a result of you doing certain things in a certain way, over and over.
There are habits and daily disciplines that position entrepreneurs correctly and they are often
the differentiating factor between success and failure.
Most notably, talented entrepreneurs tend to have higher levels of ability, which involves the technical expertise and knowledge they have acquired in a specific field. While talent gives you a head start, without hard work and follow through, then you can’t execute well. Anyone can have an idea or a vision; but it takes 99% of hard work driven by effective work habits, discipline and motivation to bring the idea to life.
There is nothing as frustrating as dealing with an extremely talented entrepreneur but completely unreliable. Clients may be tempted to keep supporting you because they value your talent and insights, but sooner or later you will become too much of a CHORE to them.
If most people including your clients know you to be unreliable and inconsistent; your reputation may be at stake and your character in question; remember, repeated actions become habits and accumulated habits form character.
So, to achieve success in your business venture and rise above the majority, you need to develop qualities that set you apart from the rest.
Here are 6 simple, but essential habits necessary to stay ahead:
1. Show up on time, “African Time” is a sign of disrespect for others time.
2. Always do what you say you’re going to do and by when you said you would do it.
3. Always acknowledge and respond to messages or emails.
4. Communicate sooner if you are unable to deliver on a commitment.
5. Seek feedback from your clients and colleagues
6. Set realistic expectations so as to meet them.